Thanks for a great(ish) year!
2021 has been tough, but we want to take a moment to focus on how proud we are of the resilience that our Skylarkians have shown as they navigated the ongoing challenges of the pandemic this year. We are seeing first hand the impact that the pandemic has had on some kids confidence, and we want to give a massive shout-out to all the parents that are persevering and supporting their kids as they get back into their weekly classes. Getting them through the door can be a challenge, but seeing the smiles on their face as they jump, climb and roll makes it all worthwhile.
The last day of classes for 2021 is Sunday 19th December. We will resume for 2022 on Monday 17th January.
Your enrolment carries over to next year so you don't need to re-enrol. If you aren't returning or would like to change your class please let us know as soon as possible.
January statements will be sent out on 12th of January. Payment will be debited on the 17th of January.
As a reminder, our enrolment policies have recently been updated and will come into effect for current members from 2022. Most policies have not changed, they have been reworded for clarity. Significant changes are outlined below:
- All families are required to have a credit or debit card or bank account on file, authorised for direct debit. The card or account on file acts as a guarantee of payment. To avoid your card or account being debited you are welcome to pay your account prior to the processing date via the Customer Portal, in person by cash or via bank transfer.
- Term billing will no longer be available. All enrolments will be billed monthly. If you prefer to pay quarterly you are welcome to pay in advance. Your account would be in credit, and each month as tuition is applied, the credit will be used to offset the charges.
- Classes will run continuously throughout the year, with a 4-week scheduled break over December/January. Classes will run during term breaks. We will be closed on public holidays.
- An annual two-week membership pause option is being introduced for all members. This means you can take a break at a time that suits your family.
If you are a member of our squad program, your participation agreement can be found here.
Donate to the Christmas Cheer Appeal
We are asking all Skylarkians to make a donation to the Salvation Army Christmas Cheer Appeal to help them put together food and gift hampers for families in need at Christmas time. Please give generously if you can as we know this year has been tough for many. Donations can be dropped off at Skylark Mount Waverley or Skylark Lynbrook on or before Wednesday 15th December. We are collecting the following items:
- Non-perishable food and drinks
- Toys and gifts for children
- Gifts for teenagers and adults
- Gift vouchers
- Books and school supplies
Items should be new and unwrapped because they will be put into gift hampers. Thank you for your generosity and helping to put a smile on someone's face this holiday season.
Stocking Stuffer Sale
Need some last minute stocking stuffers for your Skylarkian? We've got you covered!
From today until the 19th of December, all Skylark t-shirts are only $10! We also have some great savings on our club leotard and jumpers. Head to the Customer Portal to purchase online and collect at your next visit, or see our customer service team to purchase next time you are in.
Summer Holiday Program
We will be running our popular Summer Holiday Program at Mount Waverley on Monday 10th, Tuesday 11th and Wednesday 12th of January. Sessions will run from 8.30-11.30pm, then 12.00-3.00pm. Book individual sessions or back-to-back sessions for a full day of fun. We look after the kids during the lunch break if they are staying for the full day so you don't need to come back.
Holiday program sessions are open to both members and guests and include action packed workshops and activities including gymnastics, ninja, parkour, trampoline and acrobatics.
Have you spotted Skylar or Brooke-Lynn
Skylar, the Skylark elf, has a new friend! Meet Brooke-Lynn. These cheeky elves comes to spread Christmas cheer and they often seem to get up to a little mischief. See if you can spot Skylar at Mount Waverley and Brooke-Lynn at Lynbrook. They love watching the classes and learning new tricks from the kids!
Get the Skylark app
Did you know that Skylark has an app? Head to your app store and search for 'iClassPro' mobile app. Your organisation name is 'Skylark Sports'. Login with your Customer Portal details and set your location and you are ready to go. Don't create a new account - if you don't know your password hit 'forgot password' and enter your email address.
You can use the app to:
- Book make-up classes
- Notify of an absence
- Update your billing details or make a payment
- Book holiday programs
- View assessed skills, including ideal model videos (currently Gymnastics and Tumbling programs only - Ninja and KinderGym progress checks will begin next year)